As we discuss in detail throughout this website and written material, one of the primary mechanisms by which a Corrupted Gut creates disease throughout the body is that the “glue” that normally holds the cells of the gut wall together and protects it from leakage – this glue gets dissolved by certain foods and toxins, causing not only leaky gut, but also leaky brain, and leaky membranes all over the body that are designed to protect various organs and systems from harmful exposures.
This “leakiness” can manifest itself in wide variety of ways throughout a person’s lifetime, depending on toxin exposures past and present, diet, genes, detox capacity, and general state of health. Leaky membranes cause or contribute to these conditions:
- From the age of 4-6 weeks, leaky gut and leaky membranes can cause discomfort around the digestive tract and inconsolable crying in babies called colic.
- After that, we start to see sensory processing deficits categorized as autism spectrum disorders from about 18-24 months.
- Shortly thereafter, if the individual’s vulnerabilities, constitution, and exposures are tipped a little more in their favor, they might instead develop attention deficit disorder.
- By the latter stages of a person’s first decade, and into their early teens, we start to see anxiety disorders.
- Into their teens, many people develop irritable bowel syndrome, as well as headaches.
- Starting in the late teens, major depression, suicidal, and homicidal behavior is becoming disturbingly common.
- Starting in the early 20’s, we’re seeing skyrocketing incidences of infertility.
- By the late 20’s to early 30’s, we’re seeing metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes.
- By the 40’s and 50’s, shocking percentages of the population have cardiovascular disease and kidney failure.
- If you survive that, by your 40’s, 50’s and 60’s, about half the population will be diagnosed with some form of cancer.
- And if you’re lucky enough to make it unscathed past your 60’s, nearly all of us will experience Alzheimer’s, dementia, or neurological degeneration to one degree or another.
Point being, leaky gut is far more than just gluten and casein intolerance, celiac disease, Crohn’s disease, or irritable bowel syndrome. It’s a much broader story of injury to the protective membranes of the body, and how these leaky membranes initiate a cascade of health-robbing effects throughout the body at different stages of life. It’s a big deal that modern medical science is just now beginning to unravel, and be able to do something about.
Sound far-fetched that this many diseases originate from one source? Of course it does … until you learn all the amazing and wonderful things our good gut microbes do to nourish us, protect us, and control brain function. Then it seems obvious. When you know the real story of traditional cultures past, and how we got to this point, it all makes perfect sense.
We’re talking about how a Corrupted Gut causes Attention Deficit Disorder and other GAPS conditions, not to mention almost every chronic condition known to man. It’s one of the biggest stories of human health and wellness – ever.